I’ve noticed that there is an awful lot of complaining on social media about all the negative posts many people are making. They can be upsetting or just plain annoying. There are some things that you can do to change what you see! Social media is controlled by algorithms. Please don’t ask me to explain what that is —-consider it the brain of your favorite site!!! I’m just proud of myself that I know the word.
The algorithms of various sites work together too, for instance, have you ever looked up something on Amazon & before you know it, you see that product showing up in ads on Facebook? So, here are some ideas you can do to help the algorithm understand you better –I’ll use examples and vocabulary from Facebook, adjust accordingly for other social media:
Do a slew of searches for things that you DO want to see.
- Search for pages of topics that your interested in & “like” a few
- Join groups of interests you have. (Can you guess that I’m in German Shepherd groups? Yes, the beauty in the photo above is Auggie, I just wish she would stay off social media, I mean, really —go outside & fetch a stick, or race a Harley or something!
- Do searches on sites like Amazon & Google—-I guarantee you will start seeing similar ads & posts.
“Like” pages and posts with positive influences, or pictures of bunnies and puppy dogs, or whatever it is that makes you happy.
Unfollow Friends that constantly post Toxic Shit
- Sorry, but it’s true, there are people that you truly do like, but they have gotten into a negative roll of BS. I know . . you look at the things they post & are like, “WHAT?” You really don’t have to volunteer your time, your eyes & psyche to the negativity!!!!!!
- If you “unfollow” they don’t get some notification in red that says, “Guess who doesn’t want to see you on their wall anymore!” Nope, you are the only one that knows. You can still search their name every now and then to see how their dog is . .
- You can also unfriend. (Oh, ouch, but are they really a friend?)
LIKE & LIKE & LIKE & HEARTS & SMILEY FACES & WOWS!
- I think this is the most effective. Just let that old algorithm know what you’re interested in. Have some fun in the next few days—- look through and respond with positive signs some posts that you enjoy & even as fast as tomorrow—- you will see more like it!
I hope this helps in your quest for a more positive world. Let me know how this works for you!
Enjoying the Adventure!