So, I think it is absolutely HALARIOUS that the “word of the day” on the morning I fly home is DISAPPEAR!
I’m not superstitious!
I’m not superstitious!!!
I’m not superstitious!!!!!!!
Really, I’m NOT!
Good thing, eh?
Have a great day!
Enjoying the Adventure!
So, Yeah, I realized this morning that I have a case of negative blindness. It makes it very difficult to see, you see, and that is a good thing!
Last week I made a commitment to write about positive things. I’m just so tired of being bombarded by negative voices. These voices may be heard on the news, late night talk shows (whatever happened to comedy?), or a feed in social media. Negativity enters into many aspects of life when we are constantly hearing that voice and seeing those images. It just gets tiring, actually quite boring, reminding me of a skipping skipping vinyl record . . . blip, blip, blip. I decided to do something about it and guess what has happened in a very short time? I’m blinded! I’m having difficulty seeing it.
Consider me an optimistic cynic. I do ask questions, I do wonder what truth is, I do realize that bitching about something is perfectly normal & guess what? I’m not naive, I know that there will be plenty of time for bitching! That doesn’t necessarily take away from trying to have a more positive outlook, it just recognizes the reality of life is not a perfect rose-garden with sunshine & lollipops all the time. Shit happens & darn it, that just sucks.
One can easily get caught up in that last paragraph and be blinded from seeing beauty, grace, laughter and yes, sunshine & roses. However, wouldn’t it be wonderful if the entire world could just embrace positivity for a day? One day would lead to a week, month and so on. I like that I’m literally seeing things with a positive world-view. It changes everything.
Enjoying the Adventure & Quite Happy to Be Blinded!
Pingback: Daily Prompt: Laughter
I’ve noticed that there is an awful lot of complaining on social media about all the negative posts many people are making. They can be upsetting or just plain annoying. There are some things that you can do to change what you see! Social media is controlled by algorithms. Please don’t ask me to explain what that is —-consider it the brain of your favorite site!!! I’m just proud of myself that I know the word.
The algorithms of various sites work together too, for instance, have you ever looked up something on Amazon & before you know it, you see that product showing up in ads on Facebook? So, here are some ideas you can do to help the algorithm understand you better –I’ll use examples and vocabulary from Facebook, adjust accordingly for other social media:
Do a slew of searches for things that you DO want to see.
- Search for pages of topics that your interested in & “like” a few
- Join groups of interests you have. (Can you guess that I’m in German Shepherd groups? Yes, the beauty in the photo above is Auggie, I just wish she would stay off social media, I mean, really —go outside & fetch a stick, or race a Harley or something!
- Do searches on sites like Amazon & Google—-I guarantee you will start seeing similar ads & posts.
“Like” pages and posts with positive influences, or pictures of bunnies and puppy dogs, or whatever it is that makes you happy.
Unfollow Friends that constantly post Toxic Shit
- Sorry, but it’s true, there are people that you truly do like, but they have gotten into a negative roll of BS. I know . . you look at the things they post & are like, “WHAT?” You really don’t have to volunteer your time, your eyes & psyche to the negativity!!!!!!
- If you “unfollow” they don’t get some notification in red that says, “Guess who doesn’t want to see you on their wall anymore!” Nope, you are the only one that knows. You can still search their name every now and then to see how their dog is . .
- You can also unfriend. (Oh, ouch, but are they really a friend?)
LIKE & LIKE & LIKE & HEARTS & SMILEY FACES & WOWS!
- I think this is the most effective. Just let that old algorithm know what you’re interested in. Have some fun in the next few days—- look through and respond with positive signs some posts that you enjoy & even as fast as tomorrow—- you will see more like it!
I hope this helps in your quest for a more positive world. Let me know how this works for you!
Enjoying the Adventure!
It happens sometimes . . . This time it probably helped that I was holding my grandson in my arms. All those neat rows of shoes in the aisles of DSW were completely tempting to a curious two year old! The lively music playing in the background was by someone of which I’m entirely too old to know their name, but young enough to enjoy their music. What’s a grandma to do? It started out with a toe tap & then it just happened, before I knew it, we were dancing with abandon in the shoe store. I have to admit though, I’ve been known to shuffle down the aisles of Home Depot too, I mean, really, they play oldies from the 70’s in our local store. Don’t you dance in the cement aisle too?
Generally, I’m respectful of the fact that others might think I’m a bit weird dancing at DSW or doing an Insanity Workout on the beach but, hey –if you feel like dancing, singing or doing push-ups. . . Go for it! I know, it is easy to say that people might laugh or think you’re nuts, but at the end of the day, who cares? When will you see them again? Your fun might just bring a smile to someone!
Speaking of smiles, I know we all aren’t cut out for unexpected public dancing, singing, working out, truth is, neither am I, but how about a smile? A big full-of-heart smile. Have you ever encountered someone that had a genuine smile on their face? They might be a friend, family, or perfect stranger while shopping. But tell me you can’t help but smile back. They are contagious!
Enjoying the Adventure! Dr. Dink